Saturday, October 17, 2009

New Album Day Uno y Dos

We left Seattle in the hour of rush. People rushing home from work, rushing to work. Rushing who knows where but they were definitely going South on I-5. Even though the drive to my father's place was 2 hours longer than it should have been in torrential rains with the back of my hand wiping the windshield as a method of defrost... we were still excited.

We arrived at my Dad's and loaded in. Nate and I had a couple of refreshments and got to work. We listened to all the stuff we had recorded before tour and decided that the only thing worth saving was a version of Disease. A song originally off of the 2004 release Midnight that I had recorded as a solo endeavor. We started recording Tornado Run. It was about 2am before I started to not see clearly and we decided to chill out and watch a movie. I can't remember the name but it was about Russian Mafia dudes. We totally fell asleep waiting for Matt to arrive.

Matt called about 3:30am I think.. he was lost. We hopped in the van and went downtown and found him. Once we were all back at the house we hung out for a while. It's strange how staying up until 5/6am still seems natural after tour. Even now.. it's 9:30pm and I'm just starting to wake up.

I woke up early... like at 8:30am. I built a fire, took a shower, made some coffee and started roasting red peppers and squash for soup. Nate came strolling down stairs around 10 and hit the coffee. Then I started recording. Badger woke up and then it was his turn.

Today we recorded Tornado Run and Black Night Coyote.

Right now... I think we are going to start Dream.

But earlier... the strangest sounds came out of my amplifier after I stopped playing a certain song. I hit record and got it all. I think it was a ghost singing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment